THE SANKORÉ PROJECT:
The digital revolution in our schools
Sankoré is an initiative of the French government and is the result of the declaration made by French President Nicolas Sarkozy and the then British Prime Minister Gordon Brown at the Franco- British Summit of March 2008.
- Sankoré project is a Franco-British partnership which aims to educate some 16 million African children from Anglophone and Francophone countries.
- It aims at helping Africa to achieve the Education for All ( EFA) goals through digital empowerment.
- Mauritius to serve as an access platform to those countries lagging behind the implementation of the project across Africa.
- To-date, five African countries, namely Burkina Faso, Mali, Madagascar, Mauritania and Senegal have joined the project.
- The Mauritius Institute of Education has been assigned the responsibility for training local educators for this project.
AIMS OF SANKORE:
- Equip all schools with digital projectors and interactive delivery of digital learning lessons.
- Teachers and learners have access to a wide range of educational lessons.
- ·Provide education through innovative technology.